Sceadu was inspired by the human shadow, that grey supposed docile shape that is always by our side. The idea behind this contest is to give centre stage to shadows.
All you have to do is click an interesting photo of any shadow, human, other life form, or any other object and submit it via the form below. And if you can send a caption along with it, all the better.
But mind you, if its the shadow of a person, we only want the shadow and not the person to protect their privacy! This is only for human sources of shadows. Non-human lifeforms and other objects can be included in the photo along with their shadows.
The contest runs from Sep 15, 2014 till Nov 14, 2014. The winners will be announced on Nov 15, 2014 on our Blog, Facebook pages and Twitter. Winners shall also be notified individually by email.
Five contestants will EACH win an e-book copy of Sceadu!
Sceadu, a YA fantasy novel, by Crossword Book Awards finalist Prashant Pinge is a fast paced, thrilling adventure which blurs the boundary between the physical and the psychological, the real and the mythical. It will be released on 10th November 2014. You can find out more about it on http://sceadu.net or http://facebook.com/SceaduTheBook
IMPORTANT: Photo Specs for the Great Sceadu Contest
1. The photo should focus on interesting shadows.
2. No person should be in the photo along with his shadow. This is to protect the privacy of the person.
3. Any other lifeform or object can be in the photo along with its shadow.
4. The dimensions of the photo (in pixels) should be at least 600 x 600 if square or 800 x 600 (or 600 x 800) if rectangular.
5. The only formats accepted are .jpg and .jpeg
6. Maximum photo file size accepted for upload is 5 MB.
Please send your entry by filling in the form below.
Form to Enter the Great Sceadu Photo Contest!
Rules & Regulations for the Great Sceadu Photo Contest
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this contest.
- This contest is open to all individuals above the age of 18 years with a valid email address.
- Participants can send in as many entries as they want.
- Participants must own the copyright to the photo submitted by them through this site.
- Any photo which does not meet the specifications mentioned above, is in copyright violation, or is defamatory, obscene, or inappropriate shall be disqualified from this contest.
- The author does not assume any responsibility for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries.
- The author is not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. If for any reason this contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, the author shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest.
- Participants will be responsible for providing correct email addresses. The author shall not be held responsible for any prizes not received due to incorrect email ids. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the e-mail account.
- The prizes are intended for the winners only and shall not be shared or transferred in any form, partly or wholly.
- By entering this contest, the participant grants the author permission to use his/her name and entry in advertising and promotion materials including posting it on the author’s Blog, Facebook pages and Twitter pages without further compensation or permission.
- By entering this contest, the participant releases the author from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and binding.